Profiles.xxx - The Free Adult Sex Chat and Social Network - Meet Adults in your local area and all over the world for chat, dating and sex!

Can't join the chat Megathread

Alright Forum Users, I post in the forums a reasonable amount primarily in the "I'M HAVING AN ERROR OH GOD HELP" Threads and recently I've been noticing that basically everyone is having the same problem, and almost everyone is making new threads about this same problem (Which just messes up the forums and pushes everyone else's threads off the page which in turn makes getting help a whole lot slower)

Most of these threads are based on the "I cant join the chat, it says I need to be signed in, but I am signed in" error. As far as I know this is being worked on but if you are having this error I'd recommend posting below, if nothing else simply so there is a count on how many people this are affected by this.

Update: Apparently according to a recent forum post this error should be fixed now

If you are having a different error I would recommend posting below as well stating which chatroom you are trying to access (Java/Flash/Cam) and details about your error.

On the other hand, if you were having an issue that people here are experiencing and know a solution for it, make sure you post here and let people know how you managed to fix the problem.

Below are a few things you should try first before posting that your chat isn't working

#1 Check this thread

If a ton of other people are posting here about having the same issue you are then be sure to check to see if anyone has posted a solution to the error here. Lots of people having the same issue is also a sign that the error might be on the websites end as well in which case none of the following will work so in those cases you will have to wait for a fix (But be sure to post here about the error you are having, just to help gauge how widespread a problem is and to help with diagnosis)

#2 Clear browser Cookies

Basically all browsers use Cookies and have a way to delete them (Typically found under the options tab in every browser) Occasionally when a site updates and you are using cookies that the old version used rather than the new cookies you will experience errors until the new cookie is downloaded so getting rid of the old cookies can fix some errors.

An example using firefox: Tools > Options > Privacy > Show Cookies > Remove All Cookies (You can alternatively just look for the ProfilesXXX cookies and remove them without having to remove your other cookies)

#3 Use a different browser

Quite simple, just open up a new browser and try and access the chatroom of choice using that instead.

#3.5 Update your regular browser

This helps to determine if a problem is specific to one browser or browser version. If it is neither of those at fault then it lets us know that the problem may be because of old software

#4 Update Java / Flash (Java for Java chat, Flash for Flash and Cam chat)

This is quite a big culprit here, if you haven't updated your Java or Flash for long periods of time then you may be unable to access the desired chatroom.

Warning

This may also cause the chat to no longer function if the version of Java/Flash you have updated to is radically different from the one the chatroom uses. If you experience this problem then you will need to downgrade your software again so keep note of which versions you used prior to updating.
Last update on April 30, 6:48 pm by Rainbow Dash.
Okay, this is officially beyond weird now and right on down to freaky town.
I know this site is a one man band but with this many users and a fair few who pay, in a manner of speaking it is theft, they are paying for a service which is failing to be delivered, yes it is being sorted but those who pay should get a month refunded for their loss, only fair imo.

And the free users will just go to another site which will deliver and then this will loss publicity and so on.

Eth0, I am sure there are people out there who will help you! if not, they're sucky friends heh

And to clarify, what Josie said applies to me as well
Fenryka said...
I know this site is a one man band but with this many users and a fair few who pay, in a manner of speaking it is theft, they are paying for a service which is failing to be delivered,

I would say that is a bit extreme calling it theft considering any web based service is guaranteed to be temperamental, especially following the launch of a new site that completely changes the way everything was handled prior. And technically speaking all of the paid for services work just changing your name locks you out of the chat unless you change back. And since accessing the chat is not a paid for service, not being able to access it isn't really 'theft'.
Hi folks,

I'm new here yesterday. A friend recommended it to me, she says it full of my kind of people (which is everyone except bigots I guess). Anyway, this isn't meant to be seen as bitching, just what's happening.

I've tried Java and Flash chat - neither works.

I've tried Explorer, Firefox and Chrome - none works

I have the latest version of Java (and updated again yesterday just in case).

Explorer and Firefox log in to text chat, puts me in the room then immediately disconnects as I'm not a registered user (it's fleeting so can't get the full message). It takes me to a "register" page which in turn takes me back to the main page.

Chrome seems to log in but gives a black chat screen and then pretty quickly disconnects me to the main page.

Flash tries to connect and then disconnects - in all three browsers.

I can get in to Cam Chat but only as a guest.

Not sure if any of that helps but it might so it's worth a try.

And finally, hoping to talk to some friendly folks soon
hi, i cant get into the chatrooms at all and it lets me in the cam room but as a guest also. i will try the cookie thing and see if that helps but i have tried everything else so this is last try
Just registered and cannot access chat as it says I'm not registered!
paradox situation?
Not sure what this is!
So far it seems everyones having the same problem where it says you need to be logged in, when you clearly are. Still no fix out for this as of yet unfortunately.